Welcome to Curious Business

Every Friday, I post a small insight into running Curio City and/or Blue Hills Editorial Services. My most recent posts are directly below. You can also start with the first post, or use the subject labels to the right to home in on particular topics. Feel free to comment on anything that interests you.
Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, March 04, 2011

Back In the Saddle Again


Hey! This week’s newsletter produced a sale! And not to a friend, either. I can’t remember the last time that happened.

Not only that, but I got another small sale from a Facebook tweet the previous day. This week was trending my way for a change.

And I opened my email on Wednesday morning to find an $800 lighted cap order waiting. A $200 Switchables sale later that day and another $500 worth of caps yesterday went a long way toward erasing February’s epic suckitude.

It’s funny: Every year brings one -- and only one -- big sales spike. Last year, it was the first week in February. In 2009 it came in April. In 2008 it was July. (My sales records for previous years aren’t easily accessible). Of course I can’t know when to expect it, or even expect it at all…but my annual numbers depend on at least one big boost like this.

The timing of this year’s spike was perfect. Getting those next-generation 4-LED caps in the pipeline broke the bank. Freeing up so much cash just days before the new inventory arrives, and before the bill comes due, couldn’t have worked out better.

What a difference $1,500 makes. Spring is almost here and I’m feeling optimistic for the first time in months. I barely remembered to worry about my over-dependence on two product lines or how I’m going to match this spike next year. If the new caps that are due on Monday give me another shot in the arm, March could be a seriously good month.

Curio City is back, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.

Google Search

Google