Welcome to Curious Business

Every Friday, I post a small insight into running Curio City and/or Blue Hills Editorial Services. My most recent posts are directly below. You can also start with the first post, or use the subject labels to the right to home in on particular topics. Feel free to comment on anything that interests you.
Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, March 21, 2014

Will I Or Won't I?





Will I attend this year’s Cavalcade of Crap or not? I don’t have any money to spend for the reasons that I explained last week; my open-to-buy (such as it is) reads negative $1,143 and I already need to place some reorders. The Boston Gift Show is usually a waste of time and $5 in T fare. Walking the mile from South Station to the Convention Center in Monday’s brutally cold weather is an added disincentive. 

Meeting the Corn-n-Tater bag guy last year reminded me that I do find something worthwhile once every few years. That product brought in nearly $1,000 before it died with 95 pieces left in my cellar. It might have done much better if the owner’s marketing push hadn’t blown up spectacularly. I haven't heard from him since then and I’m not entirely sure that he’s still in business, to be honest.

I won’t decide until Monday morning. Odds are that I’ll go. But I won't like it.

**************************************

Somebody bought dinner at Pizza Hut, movie tickets from Fandango, and some cosmetics from Cindy Crawford with the Citizens Bank Mastercard that I only ever use to buy merchandise. This is the second time that card has been compromised. It should be pretty easy to identify the thief based on those transactions, but I don’t think banks even try. Fraud is just a cost of doing business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.

Google Search

Google