Welcome to Curious Business

Every Friday, I post a small insight into running Curio City and/or Blue Hills Editorial Services. My most recent posts are directly below. You can also start with the first post, or use the subject labels to the right to home in on particular topics. Feel free to comment on anything that interests you.
Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, November 30, 2007

Hold On To Your Seats, Kiddies

Here We Go….

Xmas sales exploded this week. Office workers came back on the job – where they do all their shopping -- after the Thanksgiving lull. I did two weeks’ worth of summertime sales on Wednesday alone, and then (thanks to a humongous telephone order) set a new one-day sales record on Thursday. Together, those two days exceeded my individual monthly totals for March, April, and May. It’s really an astonishing feeling to do a month's worth of business in two days.

With a day and a half left to go in the fiscal month, I am already comfortably ahead of last November. You might recall that I was very worried about that going into the month. I sure can’t relax – every day counts during these next few weeks – but I’m feeling happy and confident now. I am currently showing a YTD operating profit, before taxes, of about 7% of gross sales – without December! If I can keep this up for three more weeks, I might finish slightly in the black even after paying my web development costs. I am so giving myself a raise next year!

As much as I’d love to stay and crow about numbers, there’s a ton of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.

Google Search

Google