Welcome to Curious Business

Every Friday, I post a small insight into running Curio City and/or Blue Hills Editorial Services. My most recent posts are directly below. You can also start with the first post, or use the subject labels to the right to home in on particular topics. Feel free to comment on anything that interests you.
Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, August 24, 2012

Probation


Last week I said that “two good days do not a recovery make.” Sure enough, the winning streak sputtered out after four days. That was just enough to cover July’s bills with a little bit left over. Business has turned bad again, but it’s no longer desperately so. I’m just glad Christmas is getting close.

Last month I paid Microsoft AdCenter (Bing and Yahoo) $115 to acquire just seven sales for over $16 apiece. I confess that I usually pay little attention to my Microsoft account because the outlay is comparatively small and the results are meager. But while I’m scraping bottom every dollar has to count. I deleted all keywords with a quality score below five and lowered my bids on the most expensive ones. That should shave $20 or so from my cost with minimal impact on sales. But I’m tempted to shut it down altogether and spend that money on Google Product Search instead. 

You’re on probation, Microsoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.

Google Search

Google