Welcome to Curious Business

Every Friday, I post a small insight into running Curio City and/or Blue Hills Editorial Services. My most recent posts are directly below. You can also start with the first post, or use the subject labels to the right to home in on particular topics. Feel free to comment on anything that interests you.
Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, December 14, 2012

Move Over, Mitt





I’m Rich! Bwa-HAHAHAHAHA
 
Last week’s sales beat the months of July and August combined and set a new record for busiest week ever, edging out 12/10/08 (after the Boston Globe promoted Whisky Stones). Amazing that I could beat that without a random act of media in my corner. 

This week is shaping up to be another great one. I’m spending $70/day on advertising to bring in >500 customers a day. That spend is justified as long as sales are north of $700/day...which, incredibly, they are. Next Monday’s paycheck is going to beat the 2010 record for biggest ever. 

I’m looking forward to crunching December numbers. I’m exhausted…but there are only four or five more days to go at the most. I’m enjoying watching my bank balance boil into Mitt Romney territory, but I’m getting very sick of the grind.

I had an epiphany. Customers don’t understand the supply chain and don’t care where stuff comes from anyway. Much of this year’s gain came from dropships of big Panther Vision orders. I’ve always been cool toward the practice of dropshipping, but I can’t argue with results. I’ll be doing more of that next year.

***************
 
Wtf, Microsoft? My “bird kites” keyword links to a category called “Bird Kites” that contains nothing but bird kites, all of them with the words “Bird Kite” in the product name. And you gave it a quality score of 2/10? OK, I deleted it. You are very close to losing this advertiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment.

Google Search

Google